What's cooking ...

What's cooking ...

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Roast Chicken & Root Vegetables

Got off work and with my weekly printed shopping list and recipes in hand I headed on over to Aldi's. I bought a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, garlic hummus, a cantaloupe, some summer squash and zuccini and a three pack of cheese from Ireland, England and Scotland. None of which was on my shopping list. But with this stuff and my list I only paid $72. and that is for at least 5 dinners. Not bad.

Tonight's dinner was a whole Chicken, baked in a bed of sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and acorn squash. Cooked for 1 hour 15 minutes. The root vegetables we so sweet and good and the chicken nice and juicy. Half the vegetables will be used later in the week and half the chicken will be used another night.

We are back on track. Clean eating, no sugar, no soda, no white stuff, no chocolate, no candy, no chips, no bread. 21 day Challenge ... I want to lose 12 pounds by the end of February. ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment